Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Pumpkin drawing



My goal is to focus on the shadows on the pumpkin and also the light. I have to darken the part that have deep shadows and erase the part that have light. The things that most surprised me is that how much different I need to make the shadow and the light. My drawing is about shading, shadows, and light. The most difficult challenge I have to face is that my hands are all black when I am drawing this. I just keep on doing it without touching anything. I learnt that the shadow have deep and light, so don't get all shadow very dark. If I can can redo I will change the shadow in the middle of the pumpkin a little bit. I think the best thing is the lights on the pumpkins and the deeper shadow on the end. I like Ivy's drawing, I like how the two sides of the pumpkin have different color.

1 comment:

  1. I pretend Carol's work was mine. In the work my goal is to show the shadow of the pumpkins and make the drawing look as real as possible. I accomplished it by making the shadow really dark, which contrasts to the surrounding and help the picture look really three-dimensional. My painting is about shadows, composition, and backlighting. Backlighting lets me be able to show values very well , and the good composition makes my pumpkin really attractive. The most difficult challenge for me was to draw the values on the pumpkin. Since the values are really complicated, firstly I observed the pumpkin carefully, and then erased some parts hard to make the highlight and some parts comparatively lightly to make the transition. I feel my drawing really works to show the shadow and value. From this work I learned about shadows. And I found that if I left a big white part which contrasts to the dark shadow, it really helps show the reality of the drawing. If I had a do-over I would make the outline of the pumpkin vines more clear. I feel best about the shadow and the composition in my drawing.

    ReplyDelete